Don’t Give Up on Easter
It is a little hard to believe, but Easter has arrived. March somehow managed to simultaneously take its time and disappear in a flash thanks to all of the lock-downs. Weeks ago there had been hope that the lock-downs would be gone come Easter, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Now, most Easter celebrations have been canceled to ensure that everyone stays safe.
This is a real bummer for a lot of people, especially kids. Easter celebrations can be a whole lot of fun and missing out on them is disappointing. Luckily, there are still ways for people to celebrate Easter without breaking any lock-down rules.
Tips for Celebrating Easter on Lock-down
The ongoing pandemic and lock-downs can make celebrating Easter a bit harder this year, but that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t try. This is especially true for people with kids who honestly need some fun at this point. Heck, everyone could use a break from the stress right about now.
To help with that, here are some ideas on how to celebrate Easter safely this year while under lock-down.
- Dress up. Even if you aren’t going anywhere, dressing up can still be fun, so go ahead and do it anyway. Doing so will be a nice change of pace, and there will be no one there to judge you on it anyway.
- Create a playlist. Putting on music can always make things cheerier. You can put on worship music or whatever you feel like so long as you enjoy it, it helps lighten the mood, and it feels Easter-y to you.
- Create homemade cards. Have the family sit down and create homemade cards to send to friends and family members to let them know you are thinking of them this holiday.
- Dye eggs. If you can safely get a hold of some white eggs, nothing is stopping you from keeping with this tradition. If you can’t get a hold of eggs, don’t worry. You can make paper eggs and decorate those instead. Then they can be placed all over the house and you don’t have to worry about them going bad and stinking up the place.
- Have an egg hunt. Again, this one may be a bit tricky due to the quarantine, but nothing is stopping you from going into your backyard and hiding plastic eggs. If you can’t get plastic eggs, you could hide the paper eggs you decorated. It won’t be the same as finding candy-filled eggs, but the joy of the search will still be there. If you are stuck in an apartment, then just hide the eggs around the house.
- Set the table. Just because you aren’t going out and no one is coming over doesn’t mean that you can’t use your nice dinnerware. Set up the table and enjoy being fancy for a meal or two.
- Meet loved ones online. There are plenty of video calling apps that can allow you to see your friends and family members for the holiday without breaking quarantine. Just be sure to set up the proper privacy settings. If everyone else dressed up, then you could even have a mini-fashion show to show off everyone’s outfits.
- Go to church online. Thanks to the modern age, many churches can host their services online. This means that you do not have to miss out on the holiday service just because you are stuck at home.
- Create something new. Don’t look at it as the virus is keeping you from doing something that you’ll miss. Instead, use this as a chance to create a new tradition that you can look forward to for years to come.
Don’t Give Up
These are definitely interesting times that most people weren’t prepared for. However, that does not mean we should just give up and let the holiday pass by without even trying to celebrate. We could all use a break from this pandemic and Easter is the perfect opportunity for people to celebrate and be happy for a day. Just remember to celebrate safely and to continue to practice social distancing.
From everyone here at Visalia Bail Bond Store, we hope you have a safe and Happy Easter.
- On April 10, 2020